Margaret Guerra Rogers
PRESIDENT & FOUNDER
Margaret has spent her career in the film and television music industry as a film & television music executive, music supervisor, music synchronization license clearances, soundtrack album producer, music producer, publisher, composer, arranger, mediator of bitter music creative disputes and keeper of stretched-to-the-limit music budgets. As past Vice President of Music Affairs for NBCUniversal's Telemundo, Margaret ran a music department spanning two coasts and commanding original music and soundtracks for over 300 new hours of televised programming every year.
Independently, Margaret's collective works include projects for Sony Pictures, HBO, New Line Cinema, Fox Television, PBS, CBS, NBC, Hulu, ABC, Univision, and Telemundo.
“I’m always on the lookout for the next great music adventure!”
As a music executive in both Canada and the U.S., and now as a partner in Coda Music Services, Kelly brings to us her intense talent and immense knowledge of music promotion, marketing and business in both countries.
During her time in Canada, Kelly developed, coordinated and executed unique and successful programming promotions with high profile brands and recording artists. Her work at Z 95.3FM seasoned her expertise in large scale audience promotions and entertainment news programming.
Transcend Records, Third Eye Productions, Source of Sound, and Fuego Lento, each entity a dynamic music producer, crafted Kelly’s strong skills in the realm of recording rights, licensing and acquisition, artist branding and A&R.
With Coda Music Services, Kelly expanded her music business and creative work with an eye to Film and Television Supervision, including creative music placement, licensing, and soundtrack album coordination.
Meet Dayna DeMaine, our newest Coda Music member! Dayna's intense commitment to finding great new music has made her a taste making and energetic addition to the team. As part of the punk band FUFULASNU, Dayna forged contacts with a network of rogue and independent bands that has expanded the Coda Music base of new music resources. Look to Dayna for her weekly blog on emerging new regional bands!
After graduating Magna Cum Laude from Arizona State University with a degree in Music Composition and an internship with JSM Music in New York, Alvaro Morello moved to Los Angeles to build his career in film, television, and song composition. As a songwriter for hire, his talent brought him to the attention of Universal Music and the Univision Music Group, where he penned songs for their stable of musical artists. As a singer songwriter in his own right, Al’s songs have added to the musical intensity of the hit Hulu series “East Los High”, already approaching its fifth season, with more of his tracks on board.
Broadening his musical palette to include film and television main title and underscore music, Al’s melodic lines and rhythms have given an added creative element in television programming broadcast over networks as diverse as NBC, Telemundo, HBO, Showtime, and Hulu. You can find the funkified beats of his theme to the hit TruTV series “Operation Repo” as a network staple.
• OUR SERVICES
• Script Breakdown and Music Conceptualization
• Creation and Management of Project Budgets
• Assist/Advise on Original Music Composer
• Negotiate and Document Composer Agreement
• Selection and Fee Negotiation for Composer
• Selection and Fee Negotiation of Music Editor
• Research, consultation and coordinate appropriate recording artists (on & off camera)
• Supervise and coordinate on-camera music requirements
• Work closely with director/producers and composers in the coordination and supervision of
• Participate in music spotting sessions with director/producers
• Clearance, Negotiation, Licensing and Documentation of third-party synchronization licenses
• Creative Conceptualization, Selection and Placement of Songs
• Consult and or negotiate source music fees including master use and synchronization agreements
for selected source
• Solicit and negotiate the most advantageous soundtrack record agreement
• Liaison between recording artists, record companies, production and music department
• Artist Branding and Sponsorship
• Negotiation of performance license fees - blanket and per-station
• Creative Play-lists for In-Store Brandings
TAILORED TO YOUR BUDGET
We work intimately with each client to create an effective, comprehensive, and successful music plan in a variety of media platforms:
• advertising and marketing
• electronic games
• digital download and Internet streaming
• merchandising and promotional products and
• PRO blanket and per-program licensing
information and management
• restaurant or in-store music creative and
• mechanical licensing
Tailored to your budget, we can provide your productions and corporations with services from inception through post-production and the critical promotion and marketing period.
We are proud that Coda Music Services has been a reliable leader in creative music supervision, music clearance and licensing,
and music asset management for over 20 years.
Margaret Guerra Rogers
PH - 623-332-2261
© 2015 Coda Music Services