Coda Music Services has been a reliable leader in the Music Business Arena for the past 20 years.
Headed by Margaret Guerra Rogers, Coda Music is more than a full-service music supervision company.
Coda Music Services can provide your productions with services from inception through post-production and the critical promotion and marketing period.
TAILORED TO YOUR BUDGET
We work intimately with each client to create an efficient, effective, comprehensive and successful music plan for each project. Coda Music Services provides music creative, business & legal strategies for:
• motion pictures
• television series
• electronic games
• digital download and internet streaming
• merchandising and promotional products
• PRO blanket and per-program licensing
• restaurant or in-store music use
• mechanical license needs
all tailored to your creative, budgetary and business needs.
• Script Breakdown and Music Conceptualization
• Creation and Management of Project Budgets
• Assist/Advise on Original Music Composer
• Negotiate and Document Composer Agreement
• Selection and Fee Negotiation for Composer
• Selection and Fee Negotiation of Music Editor
• Research, advise and coordinate appropriate recording artists (on & off camera)
• Supervise and coordinate on-camera music requirements
• Work closely with director/producers and composers in the coordination and supervision of scoring
• Participate in music spotting sessions with director/producers
• Clearance, Negotiation, Licensing and Documentation of third-party synchronization licenses
• Creative Conceptualization, Selection and Placement of Songs
• Consult and or negotiate source music fees including master use and synchronization agreements
for selected source
• Solicit and negotiate the most advantageous soundtrack record agreement
• Liaison between recording artists, record companies, production and music department
• Artist Branding and Sponsorship
• Soundtrack and Artist Album production, packaging and distribution
After graduating Magna Cum Laude from Arizona State University with a degree in Music Composition and an internship with JSM Music in New York, Alvaro Morello moved to Los Angeles to build his career in film, television, and song composition. As a songwriter for hire, his talent brought him to the attention of Universal Music and the Univision Music Group, where he penned songs for their stable of musical artists. As a singer songwriter in his own right, Al’s songs have added to the musical intensity of the hit Hulu series “East Los High”, already approaching its third season, with more of his tracks on board.
Broadening his musical palette to include film and television main title and underscore music, Al’s melodic lines and rhythms have given an added creative element in television programming broadcast over networks as diverse as NBC, Telemundo, HBO, Showtime, and Hulu. You can find the funkified beats of his theme to the hit TruTV series “Operation Repo” as a network staple.
The musical score for the independent film “Tortilla Heaven” (starring George Lopez) features Al’s most whimsical and playful music to date.
Alvaro continues his musical discoveries from his recording studio playground in L.A.!
Margaret Guerra Rogers
PRESIDENT & FOUNDER
Margaret has spent her career in the film and television music industry as a film & television music executive, music supervisor, music synchronization license clearances, soundtrack album producer, music producer, publisher, composer, arranger, mediator of bitter music creative disputes and keeper of stretched-to-the-limit music budgets.
Her collective works include projects for Sony Pictures, HBO, New Line Cinema, Fox Television, PBS, CBS, NBC, Hulu, ABC, Univision, and Telmundo.
Among Margaret’s creative music credits are the television series "East Los High", “The Wonder Years”, “Crime Story”, “Tour of Duty”, “Highlander” and “The Outsiders” (Francis Ford Coppola and Fred Roos), mini-series such “Queenie”, “Elvis”, “The Kennedys”’, motion pictures “Heathers”, “Real Women Have Curves” and “For Love or Country” and “Price of Glory” for New Line Cinemas and the independent feature “Tortilla Heaven” (for which she also served as Co-Producer), and work with exciting documentary filmmakers, such as Hector Galan (“Chicano!”, “Children of Giant”), Bill Yahraus and Robin Rosenthal (“Escaramuza: Riding from the Heart”), Dan Guerrero (“Lalo Guerrero: The Original Chicano!”), and Jon Wilkman (“Chicano Rock!”).
As composer affiliated with BMI, and a member of NALIP, and the Latin Recording Academy, Margaret has participated in various industry and mentor-focused creative, business and legal panels, as well as a speaker, for Billboard, SESAC, ASCAP, AIMP, BMI, NALIP, Adelante Mujer Latina, and CSUN, to name a few.
“I’m always on the lookout for the next great music adventure!”
As a music executive in both Canada and the U.S., and now as a partner in Coda Music Services, Kelly brings to us her intense talent and immense knowledge of music promotion, marketing and business in both countries.
During her time in Canada, Kelly developed, coordinated and executed unique and successful programming promotions with high profile brands and recording artists. Her work at Z 95.3FM seasoned her expertise in large scale audience promotions and entertainment news programming.
Transcend Records, Third Eye Productions, Source of Sound, and Fuego Lento, each entity a dynamic music producer, crafted Kelly’s strong skills in the realm of recording rights, licensing and acquisition, artist branding and A&R.
With Coda Music Services, Kelly expanded her music business and creative work with an eye to Film and Television Supervision, including creative music placement, licensing, and soundtrack album coordination. Kelly's current music supervision projects have included Life Time's "Jodi Arias - Dirty Little Secret" and the original Hulu series "East Los High"
Margaret Guerra Rogers
PH - 818-342-5496
PH - 623-332-2261
© 2015 Coda Music Services